Friday 20 September 2013

Day 20: Confessions and Decisions

Today is Day 20. Day 20 of no booze, no coffee, no dairy and no fish or eggs. In the past 20 days I have ingested milk unintentionally, but I have eaten 3 mini kit kat bars that Chris gave to me, fully intentionally. I know they are not dairy free.  A sip of coffee did pass my lips for the sole reason of killing a bad taste. I alerted everybody at work and did it ever taste sooooo goooooood. I am really pleased that I have not caved in to drinking alcohol. At Day 20, I do feel that I can incorporate these dietary changes into my lifestyle. Except for drinking. I am looking forward to savouring a delicious glass of red wine at Thanksgiving.

Having made these healthy changes, I can feel the effects of "junk" type foods in my body quicker. I would have liked to have tried to go gluten free for the 30 days, as I am noticing even a tortilla wrap sandwich at lunch today caused my skinny jeans to nearly kill me by the time I got home. However, one more thing to not eat would have made this month at home too difficult. On a side note, has anybody ever wondered how people get out of their skinny jeans fast enough to get it on? Like in the movies when people can't wait another second to strip each other down and they never trip on their jeans stuck around their ankles? Just a thought I have when I'm changing into my sweat pants.

1 comment: