Monday 2 September 2013

Take Time

Today's intention is to "Take Time".

Before I did anything, I drank my hot water and lemon (which aids in digestion and preps the stomach for all the things to go inside of it later) and checked in with my daily Be the Change email. The On the Go Girl in me was nagging: "get dressed, make breakfast, brush, hair, brush teeth, do personal Sadhana, clean everything you didn't clean yesterday, plan a route to Pure Yoga for Megan's class at 4:30, call Grandma between 11-12!" Deep breath in...drink that giant mug of lemon water....

Having a good sense of responsibility and willingness to get up at dawn every day is a great way to live, but if I find myself feeling guilty for "wasting time" on a long weekend holiday Monday...well then I have a problem. I have total freedom today, and have the luxury of my own personal independence for the time being. It's okay that I finished drinking my mug at 10 AM. It's a really big mug!

I made myself a big breakfast, because I was too snacky yesterday. I made a "kitchen sink" style smoothie, where I just load up the mini blender with whatever's around. I threw in a banana, the rest of the blueberries, 1/2 avocado, chia seeds and an almond milk base. I also made myself some oatmeal with almonds and a 1/2 banana. Just wrap up the other half and save it for tomorrow.

In honour of taking my time, I took my breakfast outside to eat on the front step beside my flower garden. I had a nice phone call with my brother and his wife, who were playing Super Mario on our old 1990's SUPER NINTENDO, drinking coffee and coaxing their baby boy to talk on the phone with me.

Just as I was getting ready to go up to my sacred space to try one of Megan's mini videos, I got a text from my Mum. I called her from my mat to talk about life. She will be in town the day before my graduation.

Since it is my last day alone, I decided to escape Barrhaven and head to Westboro's Pure Yoga studio to take the 4:30 Pure Flow with Megan. And what do you know, Megan's theme was about taking time and settling into the change of season. I arrived far too early, so I took myself on a stroll about Richmond road. Almost all the stores were closed, so I have an extensive list of places to check out. The World of Tea is across the road from Pure. The WORLD of TEA! And Cupcake Lounge. Lounging with cupcakes? Need I say more? Of course, I will not be eating their buttery eggieness any time soon.

Just as I was coming back to Pure to register, thunder started rolling and lightning was flashing in the distance. I settled into my chosen spot and the rain started to pour hard. The power went out and Megan had to get candles to light the hot room. The lights came back on just in time for the class to begin. It couldn't have been a more perfect Yoga class to end my weekend. And the sun came out and the rain stopped for my walk to the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment