Wednesday 18 September 2013

Root Yourself into Your Existence

I had a really beautiful morning at home before leaving for work at 9 AM. Usual routine with Gus. I had a big bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon, cocoa powder, raspberries, almonds and almond milk. My lunch was already packed and all I needed was to take some time to practice in my Sacred Space. My mat was already rolled out, ready and waiting for me.

I put on a CD, Deva Premal and Miten's "Moola Mantra", given to me by my Mum for graduation. I set my intention to stay present and not to allow my mind to wander as it tends to do. Whenever I strayed, I just focused on the mantra.
 
 
My practice was grounding and centering. I stayed seated or lay down to keep myself close to the earth. Moola, in Sanskrit means root, or source.
 
Thank goodness I had this connection to my root today. After leaving home, waiting for the 95 up at Barrhaven Marketplace to take me to work, at 9:25 AM, I got a call from Chris asking if I was alright...a train collided with a bus at Fallowfield Station, which I pass every single day. 
 
I'm not going to go into any more details about the crash because we've all seen it on the news and I feel that I've gone into over drive thinking about it. Even now I'm holding my breath tightly in my chest, twelve hours later.
 
At work, I thought a lot about having things that would break my diet, in order to numb the feelings. I'm a total user. I abuse certain foods in order to feel comforted rather than dealing with my feelings. "I'm sad, give me treats." I chose to feel it out rather than snack through it. I'm glad for this Challenge, especially during really trying times, because I now recognize what a user I am.
 
I wish everyone a good night's rest and I hope you feel connected to your loved ones and your self. 
Root yourself into your existence.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment