Sunday 8 September 2013

Neti Pots, Tea Pots, and Sexy Skin

What a glorious, beautiful day. The sun's out, it's not too cold, and I'm just enjoying everything before getting back into the workweek.

Last night's sushi ended up being the best and biggest meal I've had in ages. A mountain of edamame, four avocado hand rolls, and some veggie spring rolls just for little old me. The boy did good :)

This morning, I got up, had my fibre: oatmeal with cinnamon, a (heaping) dash of cocoa powder, teacher apple slices, honey, drowned in almond milk. I have noticed within one week of conscious healthy eating my tummy is less puffy. After taking Gus to the park, I used my neti pot before packing my bag to go out. I have used the neti pot several times, but would like to incorporate it into my routine at least once a week because I have seen benefits.
as seen on TV: Oprah
Dr. Oz Approved

as seen on TV: The Office
Do Not Attempt at Home
 
I find that I can take much deeper, longer in-breaths immediately afterwards.The two most important things I took from Ana Forrest, in her Masterclass I attended last year, was first, her comment to me that I was depriving myself of so much nourishment by not inhaling correctly. Second, Ana Forrest gave me shit for not wanting to expose my stomach for kapalabati pranayama. As a recovered Anorexic/Bulimic she had every right to give me shit. Our bodies are our bodies. We have to own them, love them and respect them. She's tough, but an amazingly gifted teacher. I do not inhale properly because I am afraid of making my stomach look big. How absurd!

I had a couple of big mugs of hot water before leaving to take the bus to Pure. I was plenty early so I did not have to run barefoot this time. I also took a huge mason jar filled with water so I could keep hydrated in the 75 minute Detox Flow class. Having a good half hour before class I went in to David's Tea to restock my tea supplies. Ooooh was it ever exciting. For all the Tea Grannies and Tea Steeped Hipsters out there, Pumpkin Chai is a limited edition blend. Run to your nearest David's Tea and put the kettle on. And then put on a chunky cable knit sweater and read a trashy book.

The only downside to this tea that I didn't know until I got home is that it is not Vegan Friendly. Who knew that tea could have milk pre-mixed into the blend? I will be sharing most of this tea despite the fact that I love it.

Tiffani's class was a twist-tastic detox. She taught Sacred Movement's Anatomy Workshop so I have been looking forward to taking one of her classes for a long, loooong time. It felt really good to go to her class and she her after at least two months. If you have not taken her class, you need to. Great instructions and excellent anatomical cues. Get some Yoga Tune-Up Balls from her for massaging your feet.

I had another teacher apple and some almonds for my bus ride snack, made myself a grilled veggie wrap full of hummus and avocado. Avocado is my favourite beauty snack. I read that one avocado has more usable protein than an 8 oz steak. Usable is the keyword! It gives you vitamin E and natural fats for shiny hair and sexy skin. Don't be afraid of natural fats. What else is sexier than skin?

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-avocado-for-skin-hair-and-health/

No comments:

Post a Comment